Is a person eligible for Meals on Wheels?
Meals on Wheels are hot, nutritious lunches that are delivered Monday through Friday to the homebound elderly who meet these requirements:
- 60 years of age or older (or the spouse of a person 60 years of age or older)
- at risk of malnutrition
- unable to come to the Senior Center for a meal
What towns do we deliver to?
Waterbury – Waterbury Center – Moretown – Middlesex – Duxbury – Bolton
When do deliveries take place?
We aim to get your meal delivered between 11:00am and 1:00pm Monday thru Friday. If you wish to receive meals for the weekend they will be delivered on Friday ready for the fridge or freezer.
What is a typical Meals on Wheels menu?
- Each meal provides 3 ounces of protein-rich meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, legumes or nuts.
- At least two ounces of grains, one of which is whole grain, are served at each meal.
- Each meal provides a total of 1 ½ cups of fruit and/or vegetable.
- One serving of milk is offered at each meal.
- Meals high in sodium are kept to once per week.
- One good source of Vitamin A is served at least every other day.
- One vitamin C-rich food is served daily.
How much does each meal cost?
The cost to produce each meal is $12.32. Diners age 60 and older are asked to contribute what they can afford. The meal price for diners under Age 60 is $7.50.
How can I Sign Up?
Call the Senior Center (802) 244 1234.